Monday, January 5, 2009

Long Time, No See....

Welcome back to our blog! My apologies for the huge gap in posting. Right after Thanksgiving my computer was infected by a nasty trojan that slowed my p.c. to a snail's pace.

Remember the good old days pre-highspeed DSL? The days of dialup internet connection? Going back even further to the late 80s - remember when the 'fast' modem was 12kbps? Ah, the good old days. And still better than my computer's performance in December.

After fighting Virtumonde (trojan) for the better part of a month, I admitted defeat, wiped my hard drive and restored my p.c. back to it's just-out-of-the-box (2004) state. A hundred or so Windows updates later, I'm back up to speed. I also invested in a second computer, which my household of 4 students sorely needs.

Over the next couple of days, I'll be updating our shop list on the side bar to include our newer members (welcome to the team!).

Next up: watch the portal site where I'll post an invitaion to join the Blog Committee (okay, it's a cry for help, really....)

Here's wishing everyone a happy, successful 2009!

Lisa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you hate computer viruses and the losers that have nothing better to do with their time than ruin other's lives.

Amy said...

Thanks! Great to see you! Ive been uber busy and have a great post about the CPSIA situation. THis is real, this is serious and it needs EVERY ONE"s SUpport! Cant wait til our next meeting! :)
amy

Lisa R said...

So true, AccentEnvy. I do believe in karma, though.

I'll have to check out the post, glutenfreegirl. Thanks for checking in!

Linda Kay said...

Thanks Lisa for all you do! Glad you got rid of the virus.
artfromlinda

 
Template design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster